This summer, celebrate the tradition of gathering outdoors to eat, enjoy good company, and soak up the sun.
Check out how to create the perfect picnic, pick up a wicker basket, and gather your ingredients for dining al fresco!
1. Le bibite. From the first sip, le bibite – the drinks – can set the tone of the picnic. And what celebrates sunshine better than sparkling wine or soda? Wine makes us feel very festive; made with Italian mineral water and raw ingredients, our selection of Italian sodas add a refreshing twist to any picnic!
2. I contorni. Accompany your Eataly-inspired picnic with a few local and Italian sides, or contorni. We love freshly-cut fruit, Made in Eataly sides featuring pastas, fresh cheeses, and seasonal produce, chips, such as the flavourful British Columbia Hardbite chips, or an Italian classic from San Carlo.
3. Il pane. From panini to pizza alla pala, bread-based foods are the ideal main course for any picnic: freshly-baked pane paired with fresh, high-quality ingredients? Yes, please. Swing by our bakery and take-away counters for whole loaves, focaccia, panini, and much more at Eataly Toronto. These are great to share or enjoy on your own.
4. I dolci. Even picnics should end with a little something sweet! For our al fresco dining, we reach for artisanal Italian chocolates, cookies, and candies, which add an element of elegance while remain perfect for eating with your hands. You can also pick up our pastry team’s housemade dolci, from chocolate chip cookies to tiramisù (get the recipe).
5. Sedetevi. Finally, it’s time to sit down! Whether you’re in the city or the country, find the prime picnic spot, whether it is a bench, a table, or even (especially!) the grass. As long as you are eating outdoors, you are successfully picnicking.
6. Buon appetito! Eat – and enjoy.
Visit Eataly Toronto to pick up ingredients, or explore shop online for delivery to your door. Buon Picnic!