A very special class to celebrate one of the iconic dishes of the North Italian cuisine. Join us to discover all the necessary techniques to prepare a perfect Risotto alla Milanese from start to finish!
Risotto is a versatile rice dish with an interesting history. It's nutritious and can be prepared to suit any taste. Known as a staple in the Italian diet, risotto has become a popular food worldwide. This delicious dish can be prepared with a variety of ingredients. The story of risotto began in the 14th century B.C., when the Arabs brought rice to Sicily and Spain during their rule. Italy was the ideal place to grow short-grain rice due to the humid weather and abundant flat land. As a result, rice became a main part of Italian food culture. Pasta may be Italy’s most famous first course, but rice is equally key to Italian cuisine – especially in the northern region of Lombardia. During the Renaissance, the swamps near Milano were turned into rice paddies, and rice has played a starring role ever since. One of our favorite Milanese dishes is the iconic Saffron Risotto.
Our Virtual Class includes a kit of ingredients which will be used during the class. Please note that geographical restrictions apply to participate and receive the kit. Once registered, a Scuola team member will contact you to confirm any add-ons (delivery and /or wine) and manage delivery or pick up details.
Kit Contents (serves 1-2 people; for 2+ people, we recommend ordering two or more kits. The virtual class is sold individually, meaning that one purchased registration is intended for one single person who can join and actively participate in the class)
Included in the kit: broth, saffron, carnaroli rice, shallots confit, Riviera unsalted butter, grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Delivery – $15 – TORONTO ONLY
- Suggested Wine Pairing – $34.90– Bastianich ‘Orsone’ Friulano
- Suggested Beer Pairing – $ 3.25 – Volpe – Birroteca Indie Ale House
- Kits will be available for pickup from our Guest Relations desk (located at the top of the escalator) the day prior to the class
- On the day of the class, you will receive your private Zoom link via email in order to join
- Sign-ups for every class close two days prior to the event.
- Cancellation must be made at least five days prior to the event.
- Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 or older.
- Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10-15 minutes.
If you have questions please contact us at email@example.com