Our Virtual Class includes a kit of ingredients which will be used during the class. Please note that geographical restrictions apply to participate and receive the kit. Once registered, a Scuola team member will contact you to confirm any add-ons (delivery and /or wine) and manage delivery or pick up details.
In this virtual class, you’ll learn all the necessary techniques, from selecting ingredients to prepping, chopping, whisking and sautéing to make the best Pasta alla Carbonara.
Pasta alla carbonara has humble roots in the Apennine hills of central Italy, not far from Roma. The dish was known as the shepherds’ favourite as they roamed the hilly pastures following the movement of flocks, a practice known as transumanza, thanks to its simple, readily available ingredients: eggs, guanciale, and cheese.
Kit Contents (serves 1-2 people; for 2+ people, we recommend ordering two or more kits. The virtual class is sold individually, meaning that one purchased registration is intended for one single person who can join and actively participate in the class)
Included in the kit:Rigatoni pasta, eggs, guanciale, grated Parmigiano Reggiano, pepper.
- Delivery – $15 – TORONTO ONLY
- Suggested Wine Pairing: $ 22.90 – Ronco Belvedere Lambrusco or $ 38.90 – Cantine Andrian Pinot Grigio or $ 36.90 – Marchesi Migliorati Montepulciano d’Abruzzo
- Kits will be available for pickup from our Guest Relations desk (located at the top of the escalator) the day prior to the class
- On the day of the class, you will receive your private Zoom link via email in order to join
- Sign-ups for every class close two days prior to the event.
- Cancellation must be made at least five days prior to the event.
- Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 or older.
- Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10-15 minutes.
If you have questions please contact us at email@example.com