Join us to discover how to make delicious Pesto alla Genovese!
Pesto alla genovese was invented in Genova, an ancient port city in Liguria, and has added a fresh herbal twist to countless dishes since. We love when the classic basil pesto is made with certified Ligurian ingredients according to time-honored traditions; however, it is deliciously simple to make it fresh at home.
In Genovese dialect, pestâ means "crush" or "grind." Following tradition, we use a mortar and pestle to crush and grind our pesto by hand. Modern food processors or blenders will also do the trick, but avoid over mixing, which releases too much oil from the pine nuts and bruises the greens. And remember, the key to pesto is tasting: our recipe offers more guidelines than strict proportions.
Kit Contents (serves 1-2 people; for 2+ people, we recommend ordering two or more kits. The virtual class is sold individually, meaning that one purchased registration is intended for one single person who can join and actively participate in the class)
Included in the kit: Trofie pasta, basil, pine nuts, garlic cloves, extra virgin olive oil, grated Grana Padano.
- Delivery – $15 – TORONTO ONLY
- Suggested Wine Pairing: $ 34.90 – Bastianich ‘Orsone’ Sauvignon Blanc
- Suggested Beer Pairing: $ 3.25 – Bionda – Birroteca Indie Alehouse
Our Virtual Class includes a kit of ingredients which will be used during the class. Please note that geographical restrictions apply to participate and receive the kit. Once registered, a Scuola team member will contact you to confirm any add-ons (delivery and /or wine) and manage delivery or pick up details.
- Kits will be available for pickup from our Guest Relations desk (located at the top of the escalator) the day prior to the class
- On the day of the class, you will receive your private Zoom link via email in order to join
- Sign-ups for every class close two days prior to the event. Grazie!
- Cancellation must be made at least five days prior to the event.
- Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 or older.
- Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10-15 minutes.
If you have questions please contact us at email@example.com