A dish with roots in Sicily’s second largest city, Catania, Pasta alla Norma is a rich and comforting classic. Legend has it that the poet Nino Martoglio upon trying this dish for the first time exclaimed “Chista è ‘na vera Norma” meaning “this a true Norma.” The dish is utter perfection just like Vincenzo Bellini’s loved opera, ‘Norma.’ The dish honours both the opera and the birthplace of its composer.. Others believe the name simply means “pasta in the usual manner,” a compliment to everyday status in Sicily. Whichever story you prefer, there is no denying this is a flavourful dish.
Combining fried eggplant with bright tomatoes, fresh basil and sprinkles of salty ricotta salata, this homey and hearty pasta dish is perfect for your table. A recipe simple in ingredients but tasty with rich history.
Join us in making the kitchen the centre of your home with this comforting Pasta alla Norma.
During this class, our chef will guide you along the preparation of a delicious Norma sauce to accompany your classic Italian pasta.
About ITA – Italian Trade Agency
ITA – Italian Trade Agency is the Governmental agency that supports the business development of companies abroad and promotes the attraction of foreign investment in Italy.
With a motivated and modern organization and a widespread network of overseas offices, ITA provides information, assistance, consulting, promotion and training to Italian small and medium-sized businesses. Using the most modern multi-channel promotion and communication tools, it acts to assert the excellence of Made in Italy in the world.
Included in the kit: Rigatoni, eggplant, ricotta salata, extra virgin olive oil, fresh basil, San Marzano tomatoes, garlic, and vegetable oil.
Our Virtual Class includes a kit of ingredients which will be used during the class. Please note that geographical restrictions apply to participate and receive the kit. Once registered, a Scuola team member will contact you to confirm any add-ons (delivery and/or wine) and manage delivery or pick up details.
Kit Contents (serves 2 people; for 3+ people, we recommend ordering two or more kits.)
- Delivery – $15 – TORONTO ONLY
Suggested Wine Pairing – $27.90 – Baglio di Grisi 'Grillo' -Sicilia
- Kits will be available for pickup from our Guest Relations desk (located at the top of the escalator) the day prior to the class
- One of our team members will reach out to you closer to the event date to assist you with the add-on delivery purchase.
- On the day of the class, you will receive your private Zoom link via email in order to join
- Sign-ups for every class close two days prior to the event.
- Cancellation must be made at least five days prior to the event.
- Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 or older.
- Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10-15 minutes.
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org