La Parmigiana di Melanzane is the ultimate comfort food recipe, a typical Italian dish whose origin dates to the 18th century, where we have the first written testimony of the recipe. The dish was in fact served at the court of Napoli by Vincenzo Corrado, whose recipe was first published in the book Cuoco Galante in 1733.
It's only three ingredients make up the real Parmigiana: aubergines, cheese, and basil. It could not be simpler! What makes this dish special is in fact the richness in flavour and the simplicity of its preparation. Today this dish is famous all over the world and counts innumerable variables in preparation.
Join us to learn all the necessary techniques to prepare a perfect Parmigiana di Melanzane and bring a little bit of Southern Italy into your kitchen!
Our Virtual Class includes a kit of ingredients which will be used during the class. Please note that geographical restrictions apply to participate and receive the kit. Once registered, a Scuola team member will contact you to confirm any add-ons (delivery and /or wine) and manage delivery or pick up details.
Kit Contents: (Serves 1-2 people; for 2+ people, we recommend ordering two or more kits. The virtual class is sold individually, meaning that one purchased registration is intended for one single person who can join and actively participate in the class)
Included in the kit: fried eggplant, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and Parmigiano Reggiano DOP.
- Delivery – $15 – TORONTO ONLY
- Suggested Wine Pairing – $33.90 – Certosa Belriguardo Chianti 'Mama'
- Kits will be available for pickup from our Guest Relations desk (located at the top of the escalator) the day prior to the class
- On the day of the class, you will receive your private Zoom link via email in order to join
- Sign-ups for every class close two days prior to the event.
- Cancellation must be made at least five days prior to the event.
- Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 or older.
- Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10-15 minutes.
If you have questions please contact us at email@example.com