In Italy, la mamma is the cornerstone of the home and celebrated by her family all year round. Still, every second Sunday of May, we bambini and adults alike jump to lavish our mothers with flowers and gifts for La Festa della Mamma.
But, beyond cards, we value quality time, whether we send the mothers (or mother figures!) in our lives something that we know she'll love or whether we're able enjoy a meal with her.
This year, celebrate your mamma with La Scuola di Eataly Toronto!
Join us along with your mamma to learn how to prepare a simple, yet classic Italian dessert that is sweet and comforting in the season and is sure to be a hit at any dinner table. You will enjoy it along with a bottle of Trento Brut DOC Ferrari.
The class will be live and interactive over Zoom and you will receive a kit with everything you need. During this class our chef will teach all the secrets to prepare your very own tiramisù.
The perfect balance of coffee and sweetness, tiramisù appropriately translates to “pick-me-up." The decadent Italian dessert is traditionally made with ladyfingers dipped in espresso, layered with a rich creamy mixture, and finished with a generous sprinkling of cocoa powder.
Culinary legend has it that tiramisù was invented in Treviso, a small city in the romantic region of Veneto (supposedly to caffeinate the Venetian lovers)! Today, the classic dolce is made across Italy in a variety of ways; many of our colleagues claim that their family's is the best recipe.
Please note that you will need to have a stand-up mixer with a whisk attachment, or an electric whisk.
Included in the kit: Vergnano coffee, Savoiardi (Ladyfingers), Eggs, Mascarpone, Cocoa, a bottle of Ferrari Brut Trento DOC.
Our Virtual Class includes a kit of ingredients which will be used during the class. Please note that geographical restrictions apply to participate and receive the kit. Once registered, a Scuola team member will contact you to confirm any add-ons (delivery and /or wine) and manage delivery or pick up details.
Kit Contents (serves up to 4 people, for 4+ we recommend ordering two or more kits.)
- Delivery – $15 – TORONTO ONLY
- Medium Flower bouquet $10
- Kits will be available for pickup from our Guest Relations desk (located at the top of the escalator) the day prior to the class
- One of our team members will reach out to you closer to the event date to assist you with the add-on delivery purchase.
- On the day of the class, you will receive your private Zoom link via email in order to join
- Sign-ups for every class close two days prior to the event.
- Cancellation must be made at least five days prior to the event.
- Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 or older.
- Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10-15 minutes.
If you have questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org