Pink, salty, and cut into impossibly thin slices, prosciutto is one of the world's most popular salumi. Here at Eataly, we love prosciutto! Each paper-thin slice boasts a sweet and salty flavour, thanks to a traditional curing process that has been around since ancient Roman times. We are proud to offer a variety of prosciutti sourced from the very best salumifici (cured meat producers) throughout Italy. In Italian, prosciutto simply translates to “ham.” There is prosciutto crudo, a raw, cured ham, and prosciutto cotto, or cooked ham.
One of the perfect pairings with prosciutto is definetely cheese! Not only will we learn how to perfectly pair these cured meats and cheese with wines, but you’ll also learn about the stories behind the products: about the animals and people who produced them,the people who crafted them, and the land that gave them life. Get a taste of the different flavors and textures of formaggi as you build your perfect prosciutto and cheese board.
Join us for a virtual class with a Eataly Salumi & Formaggi expert that will teach you how to assemble the most balanced and impressive platter, adding complementary accoutrements that will take your spread to the next level. An Eataly beverage expert will also be present to guide you through the perfect wine for pairing.
Included in the kit: two types of prosciutto, two kinds of cheese and two bottles of wine.
- Delivery – $15 – TORONTO ONLY
Our Virtual Class includes a kit of ingredients which will be used during the class. Please note that geographical restrictions apply to participate and receive the kit. Once registered, a Scuola team member will contact you to confirm any add-ons (delivery and /or wine) and manage delivery or pick up details.
Kit Contents (serves 1-2 people; for 2+ people, we recommend ordering two or more kits. The virtual class is sold individually, meaning that one purchased registration is intended for one single person who can join and actively participate in the class)
- Kits will be available for pickup from our Guest Relations desk (located at the top of the escalator) the day prior to the class.
- On the day of the class, you will receive your private Zoom link via email in order to join.
- Sign-ups for every class close two days prior to the event.
- Cancellation must be made at least five days prior to the event.
- Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 or older.
- Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10-15 minutes.
If you have questions please contact us at email@example.com