It’s no secret that Barolo and mushrooms make a perfect pair. Join our chef from the comfort of your home as he teaches you how to make your very own Pappardelle ai Funghi, a traditional Italian dish made of hand crafted pasta ribbons cooked in a wild-mushroom ragù, topped with Parmigiano Reggiano DOP and paired with a bottle of Barolo, the “King of Wines and Wine of Kings".
The best way to get to know a Barolo? Drinking it of course! Barolo is made with 100% Nebbiolo grapes, a prized variety grown in certified areas in the northern region of Piemonte. Across the world, the complex red wine is renowned for its bold flavours and graceful ageing.
This class will start with a hands-on lesson on how to make pasta fresca, followed by a demostration of how to make your mushroom sauce. When it's time to put them together, you'll learn how to perfectly "marry" the pasta with the sauce. Our Beverage Director will then guide you through a tasting of a classic Italian favourite, the Barolo. The class will be live and interactive over Zoom and we will send you everything you need to make this recipe.
Included in the kit: Fresh pasta sheets, mixed mushrooms, extra virgin olive oil, onions, parsley, Parmigiano Reggiano DOP, a bottle of Fontanafredda Barolo.
Our Virtual Class includes a kit of ingredients which will be used during the class. Please note that geographical restrictions apply to participate and receive the kit. Once registered, a Scuola team member will contact you to confirm any add-ons (delivery and /or wine) and manage delivery or pick up details.
Kit Contents serves 2 people; for 2+ people, we recommend ordering two or more kits.
- Delivery – $15 – TORONTO ONLY
- Kits will be available for pickup from our Guest Relations desk (located at the top of the escalator) the day prior to the class
- On the day of the class, you will receive your private Zoom link via email in order to join
- Sign-ups for every class close two days prior to the event.
- Cancellation must be made at least five days prior to the event.
- Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 or older.
- Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10-15 minutes.
If you have questions please contact us at