Stretched between the Adriatic and Ionian seas, Puglia’s sun-soaked landscape in southern Italy is celebrated for its culinary traditions, like capunti with tomato sauce. The capunti are the perfect shape to scoop up a chunkier tomato sauce.
Join us to learn how to knead semolina pasta dough and form capunti pasta shapes. Simultaneously with Eataly La Scuola chef you will also prepare a sauce with datterini tomatoes and basil – a perfect dressing for the capunti.
Pair this dish with a glass of wine from the south of Eataly for a perfectly traditional Italian meal.
Our Virtual Class includes a kit of ingredients which will be used during the class. Please note that geographical restrictions apply to participate and receive the kit. Once registered, a Scuola team member will contact you to confirm any add-ons (delivery and /or wine) and manage delivery or pick up details.
Join us to learn how to make a traditional semolina pasta dough in a southern-Italian shape. With our Eataly La Scuola chef, you will prepare a cherry tomato and basil sauce, the perfect dressing for the capunti pasta shape.
This class is hosted as part of our partnership with ITA – Italian Trade Agency, a year-long program to focus even more on the authenticity and unique traits that make our Italian food and wine products stand out.
About ITA – Italian Trade Agency
ITA – Italian Trade Agency is the Governmental agency that supports the business development of companies abroad and promotes the attraction of foreign investment in Italy.
With a motivated and modern organization and a widespread network of overseas offices, ITA provides information, assistance, consulting, promotion and training to Italian small and medium-sized businesses. Using the most modern multi-channel promotion and communication tools, it acts to assert the excellence of Made in Italy in the world.
Kit Contents (serves 1-2 people; for 2+ people, we recommend ordering two or more kits. The virtual class is sold individually, meaning that one purchased registration is intended for one single person who can join and actively participate in the class))
Included in the kit: Wheat semolina flour, water, Mutti datterini tomatoes, bunch of basil, extra virgin olive oil, garlic confit oil.
- Delivery – $15 – TORONTO ONLY
- Suggested Wine Pairing – $32.90 – Bindi Sergardi Toscana IGT 'Achille'
- Kits will be available for pickup from our Guest Relations desk (located at the top of the escalator) the day prior to the class.
- On the day of the class, you will receive your private Zoom link via email in order to join.
- Sign-ups for every class close two days prior to the event.
- Cancellation must be made at least five days prior to the event.
- Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 or older.
- Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10-15 minutes.
If you have questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org