While this northern region of Italy might be known for its cosmopolitan cities and bustling industry, a journey beyond the urban centres of Lombardia reveals crystalline lakes, verdant valleys and breathtaking mountains, not to mention some of the finest food and wines that Italy has to offer. We’ll take you on a culinary journey through this bountiful region as we explore the signature gastronomy of Lombardia. Best known for its dairy products, it’s also home to the renowned Gorgonzola cheese (named for a small town northeast of Milan!) In this part of Italy, a distinguishing feature is the use of rice as a main staple and the basis for many dishes. For example, risotto – a hearty rice dish – has its origins in Milan and is now known around the world. At Taste of Lombardia, join us as our La Scuola Chef gives you a tour of this magical region via some of our favourite dishes.
In this class, guests will:
- Explore the cuisine of Lombardia through stories, history and, of course, eating!
- Enjoy a 3-course regional menu freshly prepared by our Chef in La Scuola’s kitchen
- Try complementary wine pairings and discover the regional grapes of Lombardia from Eataly Toronto’s beverage manager
- Asparagi alla Milanese (char grilled asparagus, egg and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano DOP, black pepper)
- Risotto alla Milanese
- Ossobuco alla Milanese su purè di patate (braised cross cut of veal shank served on mash potatoes)
You’ll also take home the adapted recipe and wine tasting notes.
- Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 or older.