This holiday season is full of traditions, and one of our favourites at Eataly is enjoying the best possible ingredients around a table with family, friends and loved ones. Another is giving back to the communities where we operate. In this special dinner, we’ll be doing both and guests will enjoy a four-course meal while supporting the non-profit organization Second Harvest.
As the weather gets chilly and we look for all possible ways to warm up, the cuisine of Italy’s Northern regions comes to mind. Prepare for a feast inspired by the season as our chef of La Scuola di Eataly takes you on a culinary trip to the North, using ingredients from regions including Piemonte and Lombardia.
Italy’s northern regions are known for their hearty, rustic cuisine that is designed to warm you down to your toes after an exhilarating day in the cold mountain air. These traditional dishes developed out of need: stranded among the treacherous peaks, villagers had to be creative with the readily-available ingredients over the long winters. Perfected over centuries, the resulting products are distinct in flavour and history, such as Robiola from Alta Langa (from the Piemontese hills), Agnolotti del Plin (which derives its name from the regional dialect for “pinch”) or savoury polenta (milled maize lauded for its versatility), are coveted across the world today.
Since its opening, Eataly has worked with Second Harvest, Canada’s largest food rescue charity, as a donor of surplus food and partner in various events. A 2019 report by Second Harvest found that about 35.5 billion kilograms of food is wasted in Canada annually. Of that loss, 32 per cent — worth $49.5 billion — is edible and could be avoided.
Proceeds from this class will go directly to Second Harvest.
In this class, guests will learn about the local cuisine of Italy’s Northern regions, and enjoy a four-course dinner prepared in La Scuola:
· Baked Robiola dell’Alta Langa with Truffle Honey and Shaved Fresh Truffle
· Agnolotti di Brasato in a meat broth with Parmigiano Reggiano
· Braised Veal Stinco served with Polenta
· Zuccotto Fiorentino made with Pandoro
The dinner will also include three wine pairings wiht your meal.
· Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
· Class duration is approximate and may vary 10-15 mins.
· Tickets are sold for 2 people, so you can enjoy this special dinner with a guest.
· All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 or older.
Beginning September 22, 2021, Ontario will require proof of vaccination focused on indoor public settings. To attend this event, you must provide your proof of vaccination as well as proof of identity (such a driver’s license or health card). Your guests will also be required to show their full vaccination status and identification to attend the event. Failure to provide proof of vaccination will not be permitted at the event, and refunds will not be given. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 437.374.0250 ext. 835