As far back as the 1800s, the Italian nobility began advocating for a drier and richer style of red wine, especially in the region of Barolo. Eventually catching on to the trend, the royal house of Savoy then introduced the wine to courts across Europe and thus was coined that Barolo is “re dei vini e vino dei rei”, or the “King of Wines and Wine of Kings.” Even in modern times, the regal cities of Torino and Milano are within a short distance drive to some of the most esteemed and noble wines which Italian royalty have delighted upon for nearly two centuries. In this class, guests will:
- Learn about some of the historically important wines of Northern Italian
- Taste 4 wines from growing regions around Torino and Milano
- Taste 4 cheeses from Northern Italy and discuss with an Eataly Cheesemonger
- Discuss the wines with an Eataly wine expert
- Take home tasting notes
- Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 or older.