Known for its diverse palate and regional cuisine, Italy’s culinary identity can often be defined by its pasta. Northern pasta shapes each have their own unique history. Soft wheats tend to grow here and protein levels are lower, therefore eggs are added to the pasta dough creating pasta shapes that have their own unique history and texture. For this fresh egg pasta class – our most immersive style of pasta class – we will prepare a pasta fresca from mixing the soft wheat flour and fresh eggs, then kneading to create a pastaio-style ravioli infused with the flavours of winter. Once cooked, this dish will make your kitchen smell amazing! Join us in La Scuola to prepare your go-to winter comfort meal with our Chef.
In this class, guests will:
- Learn firsthand from our La Scuola Chef about fresh egg pasta and its origin in Northern Italy
- Enjoy two pasta dishes prepared by our Chef
- Try two complementary wines and discover the regional grapes of Northern Italy from Eataly Toronto’s beverage manager
- Receive a hands-on lesson as you make your own pasta dough and form pasta shapes to take home and cook
- Ravioli di stagione with butter, sage, Parmigiano Reggiano DOP and balsamico (seasonal ravioli)
- Lasagna con ragù bolognese (lasagna with bolognese sauce)
You’ll also take home the adapted recipe and wine tasting notes.
- Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 or older.