La Parmigiana di Melanzane is the ultimate comfort food recipe, a typical Italian dish whose origin dates to the 18th century, where we have the first written testimony of the recipe. The dish was in fact served at the court of Napoli by Vincenzo Corrado, whose recipe was first published in the book Cuoco Galante in 1733.
Its only three ingredients make up the real Parmigiana: aubergines, cheese, and basil. It could not be simpler! What makes this dish special is in fact the richness in flavour and the simplicity of its preparation. Today this dish is famous all over the world and counts innumerable variables in preparation.
Join us to learn all the necessary techniques to create a perfect Parmigiana di Melanzane and bring a little bit of Southern Italy into your kitchen!
During this in person class, our chef will show you step by step how to prepare all the necessary ingredients and serve you a delicious antipasto. You will then take your turn at assembling your very own parmigiana and enjoy it straight out of the oven along with a selected wine pairing.
In this class guests will:
- Learn about Parmigiana di Melanzane and how to make it at home
- Enjoy a welcome appetizer and taste their creation
- Sip on wine and learn how to find the perfect pairing
- Take home the menu and adapted recipes
- Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 or older.
- Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10-15 minutes.
If you have questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 437.374.0250 ext 835