Cannelloni are a cylindrical type of lasagna served baked with a filling, traditionally ricotta and spinach, and covered by a sauce, typically tomato sauce. In Italian cannelloni literally means "big pipes" or "big reeds" — magic pasta tubes filled with savoury stuffing. Early references to macheroni ripieni (stuffed pasta) can be traced back to 1970, but the word cannelloni seems to have appeared at the turn of the 20th century.
Join us for a unique in-person experience to learn all the secrets behind the preparation of the perfect cannelloni.
The class will kick off with a delicious appetizer prepared for you by our chef and paired with a welcome prosecco. Our chef will also demo how to prepare fresh egg pasta dough from scratch and you can get answers to all your pasta questions.
You will then try your hand at cooking, assembling your very own cannelloni ricotta e spinaci. End your experience tasting your cannelloni creation straight out of the oven and sip on a selected wine pairing.
In this class guests will:
- Learn about cannelloni and how to make it at home
- Enjoy a welcome appetizer and taste their own cannelloni creation
- Sip on wine and learn how to find the perfect pairing
- Take home the menu and adapted recipes
About ITA – Italian Trade Agency
ITA – Italian Trade Agency is the Governmental agency that supports the business development of companies abroad and promotes the attraction of foreign investment in Italy.
With a motivated and modern organization and a widespread network of overseas offices, ITA provides information, assistance, consulting, promotion and training to Italian small and medium-sized businesses. Using the most modern multi-channel promotion and communication tools, it acts to assert the excellence of Made in Italy in the world.
- Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 or older.
- Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10-15 minutes.
- Beginning September 22, 2021, Ontario will require proof of vaccination focused on indoor public settings. To attend this event, you must provide your proof of vaccination as well as proof of identity (such a driver’s license or health card). Your guests will also be required to show their full vaccination status and identification to attend the event. Failure to provide proof of vaccination will not be permitted at the event, and refunds will not be given.
If you have questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 437.374.0250 ext 835