Join us in our Scuola and learn how to prepare Salame di cioccolato, a unique Italian dessert that is a nod to two of the country’s great culinary loves – chocolate and salame. This version, however, is strictly sweet and makes for a perfect, shareable dessert to enjoy with loved ones during the holiday.
Salame di cioccolato, also known as Salame Vichingo (Viking Salami) is one of the most popular no-bake Italian desserts, made with dark chocolate, biscuits, eggs, butter and sugar. The Salami Vichingo dates back to an Italian children’s cookbook, Manuale di Nonna Papera (The Manual of Grandma Duck), published in the 1970s. With numerous regional recipe variations, each Italian family has its own delicious take on the dessert.
The salame name derives from the physical appearance, which is cylindrical and can be sliced for serving. In the chocolate version, the salame is filled with biscuit pieces and coated with icing sugar. In Italy, Salame di cioccolato is listed as a traditional Italian Food product, Prodotti agroalimentari tradizionali italiani (P.A.T).
Guaranteed to satisfy every sweet tooth, in this class guests will:
· Learn how to prepare your own delicious Salame di cioccolato
· Enjoy the dessert paired with wine
· Take home menus and recipe notes.
Chocolate in any form tastes amazing, but there's something about a homemade dessert that just tastes better. There is no denying the decadent Salame di cioccolato, after all there is no such thing as too much chocolate.
· Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
· All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 or older.
· Tickets are individually sold, and one ticket will provide access to one seat.
· Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10-15 minutes.
· Beginning September 22, 2021, Ontario will require proof of vaccination focused on indoor public settings. To attend this event, you must provide your proof of vaccination as well as proof of identity (such a driver’s license or health card). Your guests will also be required to show their full vaccination status and identification to attend the event. Failure to provide proof of vaccination will not be permitted at the event, and refunds will not be given. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 437.374.0250 ext 835