Every day at Eataly, our pastai, or pastamakers, transform simple ingredients into intricate pasta shapes inspired by the rich traditions of every Italian region using simple high-quality ingredients. Making fresh pasta may seem daunting, but it is a simple luxury that you can enjoy every day.
We want to welcome you to La Scuola di Eataly for an in-person class focused on learning all the secrets behind southern Italian traditions when preparing fresh pasta.
Stretched between the Adriatic and Ionian seas, Puglia’s sun-soaked landscape in southern Italy is celebrated for its culinary traditions, like handmade pasta.
Join us to learn how to knead semolina pasta dough and learn about the art of fresh unfilled pasta making. Our Scuola chef will demonstrate how to make and shape some of Eataly's favourite fresh pastas. Think cavatelli, orecchiette or capunti.
The experience will start with a dinner. Our chef will prepare for you two different and delicious southern Italian pasta dishes to enjoy along with a glass of wine for a perfectly traditional Italian meal.
Guests will then get to try their hand at rolling out the dough and forming their own shapes (think: cavatelli, orecchiette, and pici).
You will be surprised at what you can create, making fresh pasta at home opens up a whole world of authentic — and surprisingly easy — Italian cooking.
Top off your experience with a dessert to take home from our Pasticceria.
In this class guests will:
- Learn about fresh pasta and how to make it at home
- Make a variety of fresh pasta shapes with La Scuola's chef
- Sip on wine and learn how to pair the right pasta shapes and sauces
- Enjoy two pasta dishes prepared by our chef
- Indulge on a dessert from our Pasticceria
- Take home the menu, adapted recipes, wine tasting notes, and the fresh pasta you have made
- Cavatelli con Salsiccia e Rapini, mollica fritta alle acciughe e Pecorino Romano DOP (Homemade cavatelli pasta with sausage and broccoli rabe, anchovies fried with bread crumbs and Pecorino Romano DOP cheese)
- Calamarata Morelli al Nero di Seppia con Baccala' alla Napoletana (squid ink Morelli calamarata pasta in salt cured cod, olive, capers and tomato sauce)
- Cannoli Housemade Cannoli Shells with Sweet Cow’s Milk Ricotta Filling, with Crushed Pistachio and Chocolate
- Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 or older.
- Tickets are individually sold and one ticket will give you access to one seat
- Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10-15 minutes.
- Beginning September 22, 2021, Ontario will require proof of vaccination focused on indoor public settings. To attend this event, you must provide your proof of vaccination as well as proof of identity (such a driver’s license or health card). Your guests will also be required to show their full vaccination status and identification to attend the event. Failure to provide proof of vaccination will not be permitted at the event, and refunds will not be given.
If you have questions please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 437.374.0250 ext 835